Sunday, June 3, 2012

'Centerpiece Table' Party Decorations

When I was younger, I never understood why my mom would buy 'random' party items just to store them in the garage and used them later. Now that I'm getting older, I find myself wanting to do the same thing!

My thought about buying party supplies in advance is that it helps save money. If I buy the supplies now, I won't have to spend money to buy it when I need it and just buy other essentials, like food and beverages.

It seems like what is in style now at parties is to have a 'centerpiece table' as I like to call it. This is where the cake is or the sweets are located. The 'centerpiece table' is the main attraction at the party and could be decorated as creatively as possible. It doesn't need to bare sweets at all, it could be a table set up for a buffet of some sort, maybe mimosas or salty snacks. Whatever is set up there, is to catch the attention of the guests, hence 'centerpiece table'.

For anyone looking for some decoration ideas for a young girl's birthday party, here are some ideas and supplies to help get you started.

I came across a 'DIY Pink Princess Party' pack by Lauren Haddox Design on Etsy.


Included with this 'DIY Princess Party' Pack is an invitation JPEG or PDF, water bottle labels, menus, a banner plus so much more! Check out her Etsy page for more details.

I have also seen beautiful white cake stands on the 'centerpiece table'


For just $27, you can purchase this set of 3 ivory cake stands from JAF Gifts on Amazon. Made out of metal, they fit 7', 9' and 10' cakes or multiple cupcakes or whatever you chose to display. 

If you prefer something low key that you can display some cookies or macarons on, then you might be interested in these Porcelain Rectangle Platters from Target. A set of 2 platters cost  $17. They both measure 10 x 5.75 x 1.1 and are dishwasher-safe.


Thinking about displaying a candy bar? Then these Apothecary Jars from Save on Crafts will look beautifully on your 'centerpiece table'.


Currently on sale, get all three jars for $20.

Lastly, we don't want our guests to be thirsty after eating all these sweet treats, so whether you choose to have some pink lemonade or white sangria for the adults, this Beverage Dispenser from Target will help complete the look of your 'centerpiece table'. Made completely of glass and can hold up to 5 liters, this item cost $21.


All these items listed above will cost around $115, but the beauty of this, is that all these items can be reused, hence saving you money for any and all future events.

Now, I don't know about you, but for me, it might be time to start doing some of those silly ideas my mom had about buying party supplies and storing them in the garage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Simply wonderful party. The kids look so lovely. It reminded me of my niece’s birthday party arranged at event venues Chicago. There we had princess theme party, everyone loved party foor and arrangements and we all enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete