Monday, June 4, 2012

Gender Reveal Party Ideas


I'm always thinking about party planning, whether it's about how I would celebrate a birthday or how I would want my wedding to appear if I could re-marry my husband every anniversary. I came across some beautiful Rice Crispy Treats dipped in Pink Chocolate and thought how fabulous this would be to have at a baby party!

I don't have any kids right now, but I love to plan ahead for when that day comes. One of the newest upcoming trends is to have a Gender Reveal Party. When I have the chance to participate in this celebration I would like to have lots of blue and pink decorations. I would make my family and friends guess whether I will have a boy or a girl with some fun games.

By the time this party is given, the expecting mother should know herself what the gender of her unborn child is, but if the expecting mother chooses to be surprised herself, then that is also a great option. I'm not sure what I'll want to do, maybe I could do both options since I want more than one child. 

The key items to have at this celebration are food and entertainment. Here are some treats you can include.

Rice Crispy Treats

Donuts

Cake with gender color filling

Cake Ball Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Strawberry Oreo/Pink Panda Cupcakes

Macarons

Yummy! All of these treats would work wonderfully! Especially the cake, since that would 'reveal' to your guest (and to the expecting mother, if she doesn't know) the baby's gender.

Be sure to have plenty of blue and pink decorations like balloons and streamers, and also have some games, so your guest can take 'sides' on a certain gender.



{Joy is at Home}

The ideas are endless, but the main idea is to have fun with it! This party is a gathering with loved ones to celebrate a new life and family.

If you have ideas or have been a part of a celebration like this, I would love to hear all about it! I love receiving feedback from all my readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment