Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vow Renewal

I just got married, still a newly-wed, and I'm already thinking about renewing my vows with my husband. I love him very much and would remarry him everyday of my life. My wedding was a dream come true, I just feel like I have more princess fairy tales to live out with my husband. 

I've already made note that our five year anniversary will fall on a Saturday, making that a 'perfect' time to renew our vows. I wouldn't want a big celebration like our wedding was, I'd want something more personal and private. 

I love my wedding dress and I love the color pink. While my dress was not pink and I would never trade it for any other dress in the world, I have fallen in love with a Vera Wang Blush Organza Wedding Dress from David's Bridal! The price is also very affordable compared to my wedding dress. It would be the 'perfect' vow renewal wedding dress!


Absolutely Stunning! 

My only alteration would be to make the neckline a sweetheart. 

Like I said, I'd want this renewal to be a more private, personal celebration. I'd want to have just immediate family and a few close friends, but the actual renewal, I'd want just me and him and our children, if we have any by then. No bridesmaids or groomsmen, just us. Our family and friends would be waiting for us at the celebration brunch. 

I would want to have the 'reception' at a restaurant, where we could reserve a small space. There wouldn't be any DJ or entertainment like our wedding had, just some iPod music in the background, while we all dine and celebrate five years of love.

I would want a 'centerpiece table' where I would display a small cake and some other sweets. I'd want this table to be filled with pink and gold. 

I came across a pink and gold 50th Birthday celebration, that had many of my ideas.


Wow! I honestly can tell you I thought of all these ideas! Even the PINK chocolate fountain! To see more pictures from this event, visit Little Big Company to see all the beautiful details.

I would want to hire our amazing wedding photographer's from Brooke Images to capture the nuptials and some details from the celebration.

It sounds like it would be a big celebration, but in reality, it wouldn't. The guest list would be around 20 people and compared to the 84 guest we had at our wedding, that is a relatively small guest list for our family. 

Maybe next time we could celebrate in our hometown or who knows, we could go back to where we originally tied the knot or somewhere else. All I know for sure is, if I have the chance to do it, that dress is the one, (actually, the second one).

No comments:

Post a Comment