Friday, June 1, 2012

Her Heiress Lady Lola

I mentioned yesterday that I have FOUR four-legged babies: two cats and two dogs. 

The youngest of my babies is Her Heiress Lady Lola, but we refer to her as Little Lola. Lola is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, born on October 3, 2008 which, would make her three and a half years old. 


I tired looking for a picture that would summarize who she is. Considering that this little puppy has so much energy and personality in her little body, I couldn't find one picture to capture it all. One of the best things when I first trained her was that she picked up on commands and tricks really quick. This was quite surprising since she had a hard time walking down the stairs, but no issues running up.  

Here she is sitting, waiting for our other dog,
Rocky, to catch up to her quick step. 
 

She's always posing for the camera phone. She is very poised and emphasizes what it is like to be An Ordinary Dog with Glitz and Glam in the 'Dog World'

Some character traits that would sum her up would be: innocent, energetic, jealous, funny, affectionate, courageous, impatient, noisy (when she sleeps), and friendly.


She's the baby of the house and she doesn't mind acting like it. As I'm writing about her she's cuddling up next to me snoring into cloud nine. 

It seems crazy to think how I became so attached to her. I was a 'cat lady' and the thought of me actually owning a dog never crossed my mind. Don't get me wrong, I thought certain dogs, mainly the toy breeds, were very cute. I was absolutely in love with Lola's breed since I saw my old roommate's Cavalier, and who could forget Sex and the City's Elizabeth Taylor? But I never thought I'd actually own a dog.


Interesting doesn't begin to describe the story of how she became a part of our lives, especially when you leave your house looking for a Nintendo Wii and come home with a puppy instead. Yet, that was the day that she did more than join our family, she's helped us all grow in ways we didn't think were possible.  But, I'll save that story for another day.

And here we are three and half years later. This little puppy is clearly a big part of my life. She's one of the smartest dogs I know and I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment