Tuesday, August 7, 2012

As time passes by... Part 2

The main reason we went to Miami was because my brother was getting married! The wedding was set in Key Largo and me an my husband were a part of the court.


Here I am with my David's Bridal bridesmaid dress.

It was a a beautiful wedding on the beachside. My heels kept sinking into the sand but at least the ceremony was short and sweet. I did my own hair and make up and my shoes are so old, I'm not sure who designed them.

I thought that red nails would go great with the brown dress and I was right.

My nail polish is Essie's really red. It was the first time I got a professional manicure and they turned out great!
One of the greatest things I remember from my brother's wedding other than the wedding itself, was that we saw a wild dolphin! It was just swimming by the hotel.

The food was great and so was the entertainment. We danced the whole night and had a great time! It was nice to be able to stay in the Keys even if it was for just one night. Living so far away from home is hard sometimes, that it's little things like this that make home so special.

The next day was another exciting day for me and my husband! We left the Keys early because we had an appointment to sign a contract for our first home!

So that's what been circulating in my brain for the past month! I've been on Pinterest, pinning home decor ideas and DIY for the home. I will share all that has to do with the house in another post.

When I got my tattoo, the artist told me that I should forgo, exercising for at least a week and to not wear a bra because the bra can rub up against the tattoo and damage the healing process. So I didn't exercise for about two weeks, got back at it for about two days and then just stopped cold turkey again. I have been trying to stay within my diet so I have gain much weight in this past month, but I signed up for a half marathon in November so hopefully my motivation to work out will spike sooner than later. I'm very close to my goal weight so I've decided that I'm gonna start focusing on toning and incorporated weight training into my cardio sessions.

About a year or so ago, my husband and I started doing P90x and it was going great, but I can't say I've completed the full 90 days. August 10th will be a full 90 day before my half marathon race. My goal is to start doing the strength traing portion of P90x and on the cardio days do three days of running (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) Saturday will be my long runs. I just saw this training program for a half marathon that DisneyRun sent out and I'm gonna work on that until the race. My biggest concern with this race is to finish before the 3:30 time limit and that's suppose to be 16 minute miles. Now I have done 5k's and a few 10k's in the past but never anything longer than that. My goal is to run the entire race with little walking, but I'm not gonna stop myself from walking if I feel I need a break. The training program is set up as a run-walk-run with little walking and more running. I'll write more about my training progress in future posts.


So that is pretty much what has consumed my time in the month of July. My husband has decided to go back to school to get his MBA and I'm starting to study for the GMAT so I can go back into school by next year. It's been really tough finding time to get everything I want completed along with working 40 hours and trying to stay organized at home. I just told my husband now that we are more than half way thru the year and it's time to look at our goals and see what needs to be worked on. I set up 10 goals for myself this year which I have completed three and I am in the process of completing five.

No comments:

Post a Comment